Senior Network Security Engineer
The Senior Network Security Engineer role is to ensure the stability and
integrity of the on-prim & cloud Network Services Security. This is
achieved by planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and
optimizing all Network Security Hardware Appliances, software, and
communication links while ensuring minimal security impact. The right candidate
will also diagnose and resolve hardware and software network security problems
in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot
Networking Security Appliances, IPS/IDS, NAC, Switches/Routers Security
domain for multi-vendor OEM products both on-prim & in all
- Prepare, Plan & Implement the Security Infrastructure as per
the Design guidelines
- Prepare, Plan & Implement the wired & WLAN Infrastructure
Security, 802.1x Implementation using MS agent/agentless & Monitoring
as per the Design guidelines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PKI/CA for wired/wlan 802.1x
implementation & management
- Manage SOC to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for
fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Maintain Security Management Systems (Panorama/FCM) etc.
- Maintain network security solutions including firewalls, IPS/IDS’s,
NAC, Security Management Servers & Application, Security Monitoring
- Provide effective 2nd line support to the Help Desk and receive and
respond to incoming calls, alerts, and/or e-mails regarding network
security or performance problems.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex
network problems and recommend and implement corrective network hardware
and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network security improvements,
upgrades, and repairs.
- Support development and implementation of networking & security
projects and new technology installations.
- Conduct research on network security products, services, protocols,
and standards in support of network/security hardware procurement and
development efforts. Evaluate and recommend for purchase
networking/security hardware and software products.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of security hardware
and software products.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all warranty & support
contracts and supervise contract-based installations for all security
- Practice asset management, including maintenance of security domain
- Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting,
and statistically monitoring network security data.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, help desk support
staff on network security issues.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals,
and help sheets for network installations, including data, voice, and
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery
plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables. Respond to
emergency network security outages in accordance with business continuity
and disaster recovery plans.
- Perform network security system backups and recovery.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
- Work as a backup resource for all Network related support calls
- Work in shifts to provide 2nd level of Network Security Support
after business hours/weekends & Public Holidays
- Willing to work extended hours/weekends & holidays during very
tight project delivery schedules
Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering OR
Information Technology with focus on Network Security
- Professional Level from Security OEM’s like Cisco/Palo Alto/VMWare
NSX-T/Check Point/Bluecoat is mandatory.
- Expert level from Cisco/PaloAlto/VMWare is desirable
- CISSP Certification is an added advantage
- 5-8 years of relevant experience as a Sr. Network Security Engineer
in a large network environment.
- 12-15 plus years in Network Security Infrastructure Field
- ITIL Foundation Certified
- Residing in Abu Dhabi
Nature of Experience:
- Proficient in Security, WLAN/Wired security
- Install all New Networking/Security Hardware and its related
Operating System Software
- Manage periodic back-ups of Network Security Infrastructure
- Plan and support Network/Security Infrastructure.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors Network performance and implements performance tuning
- Requires thorough & comprehensive networking & security
- Strong analytical abilities and professional problem solving
- Deep working technical knowledge of Switches, Routers, Firewalls,
LAN, WAN, WLAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, QoS, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, PPPoE, MPLS, EVN,
VRFs, DMVPN’s, 802.1x, NSX-T DFW, NSG, Azure Cloud Network Security, Palo
Alto Firewalls, Panorama, Fortigate, Sourcefire, Juniper, Cisco ISE, RSA,
Forescout NAC, Cisco DNAC SGT’s, etc.
- Business process experience, as well as an understanding of the
relationship between processes and policies.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Upgrade Networking Security Software to stable Operating Systems
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative