Work location : Abu Dhabi
Job Purpose :
- A creative developer creates user interfaces for web pages and web applications based on designs and has a specialized skill set in building interactive features and animations. They are very similar to front-end developers and use many of the same coding languages and tools.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Extensive skills and creative way of thinking of solutions when styling.
- making the best of efficient code in all languages; knowing how to use browsers developer tool to analyse it.
- Giving feedback on what is and what isn’t accessible for people with cognitive or non-cognitive disabilities and optimizing HTML code in consequence.
- Being aware of what can be used, what can’t, CSS-prefixes, Js poly fills and more, to make it work on multiple browsers.
- Relatively good skills and vision of how the DOM works and how to control it in the most efficient way possible.
- Delivering multiple formats of screens through CSS breakpoints and being aware of the most used resolutions.
- Using HTML the best way possible to facilitate future SEO.
- Checking fidelity vis-à-vis designs and quality of code; testing behaviours in different browsers and screen resolutions.
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications.
- Work on cross-platform applications to develop user experiences covering mobile phones, tablets and computers
- Redesign systems in all platform to make them more responsive
- Work collaboratively with other designers, product design and development teams, business analysts, engineers, and project managers
- Attend meetings to discuss and review progress on the project
- Identify areas for improvement
- Keep up to date with technological innovations and new tools.
- Conducting product testing to identify problems and areas for improvement within the customer experience
- Staying up to date with industry trends and best practices
- Adjusting design concepts as consumer and market needs change
SKILLS Needed :
- Relevant experience as a creative developer 4+ years of experience.
- 2+ years of experience as UX designer mandate.
- Strong sense in motion, arts and interactivity.
- Knowledge of micro interactions and web animations.
- Adobe Creative Suites. Figma is optional
- CMS : knowing how the CMS works; what languages, frameworks and libraries exist within it and how the architecture work. Mainly WordPress, Drupal, Magento and Prestashop.
- Using browsers developer tool to edit HTML, CSS and outputting Java script logs.
- having a good knowledge of LESS, SASS/SCSS, Stylus etc, so you can produce coherent and powerful code quicker.
- PHP : understanding the very basic functions and how html templates can be called there.
- Twig : understanding how templating works through Twig.
- UI Tools : basic knowledge of how to edit, comment and share existing interfaces. Mainly in adobe xd,Invision, Figma, Sketch and Zepelin.
- Versioning Tools : initialising, creating and resolving conflict in repos using Git, GitBash, Turtoise or GitKraken and the command lines.
- Work Environment Tools : understanding how such tools, like Docker and Npm work, and a basic knowledge of their command lines.
- W3C : aware of what a good practice is and what is not regarding HTML & CSS for a better rating of websites and web-apps.
Mandatory must have :
UI /UX Design -5.0 Yrs
motion art -3.0 Yrs
interactive design-5.0 Yrs
web animation using Java script -4.0 Yrs
Adobe Creative Suite - 5.0 Yrs
Language Skills :
- English and Arabic – Good Written and Spoken.