Senior IT System Engineer.
Work Location is Dubai.
“Senior IT System Engineer” is responsible for management, administration, identifying problems, providing solutions to issues that arise, upgrade, maintain, and support mission critical systems.
Collaborates with the team to maintain consistent enterprise application setup, architecture, documentation, information, rules, and access. Provides enterprise-wide application administration support.
- Play an important and significant role in the day-to-day operations and projects.
- Responsible for all technical support aspects related to the system and its technology stack
- Responsible for backup, recovery, patching, security, application deployment, DR maintenance and drills
- Provide support to Oracle Infrastructure (Oracle Database, Oracle WebLogic)
- Experience in database performance tuning.
- Troubleshooting, Technical Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, and documentation
- Conduct work in an organized, timely and quality manner.
· Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent.
· 6 - 10 years of experience.
· Experience in managing mission critical systems
· Experience in Oracle Database, Oracle WebLogic
· Experience in Linux, shell commands, shell scripting
· Knowledge in Cloud platforms (Oracle, Azure)
· Experience of Microservice architecture, Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
· Understanding of Network, Storage, IT Security, Identity Management, and server infrastructure.
· Good Knowledge on ITIL processes (Incident/Request, Change Management, …)
Qualifications and Soft skills
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent.
- Work proactively and troubleshoot technical issues and develop resolutions.
- Determination, self-motivation, and an eagerness to take on new challenges.
- Ability to adapt quickly, working in a dynamic business environment.
- Willingness and ability to participate in meetings and work outside of normal working hours to accommodate globally based teams when required
Good to have Skills:
· Professional certifications