Work Location is Abu Dhabi.
- Install and configure new Microsoft SQL Server instances, including AlwaysOn availability groups and failover clustering.
- Highly skilled at database design, installations, conversions Responsible for database backup and recovery procedures, access security and database integrity, physical data storage design and data storage management
- Participates in Database Management System selection and maintains database performance
- Configure SQL Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Replication, AOAG etc.
- Install SQL Server service packs and updates.
- Configure and manage SQL Security settings.
- Make system design recommendations according to Microsoft SQL Server best practices.
- Proactively monitor SQL Server maintenance tasks, troubleshoot failed jobs and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot application slowness and performance issues using tools like SQL Sentry plan explorer, SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor etc.
- Develop documentation and training of routine database administration tasks and train server operations staff on these tasks.
- Responsible for ETL of large data into SQL Server Author and modify SQL Server Reporting Services reports
- Perform SQL Server integration with enterprise applications.
- Experienced in Database Performance, Maintenance and Development to perform the following:
- Database management including backups, recovery and maintenance
- Database management for export, import and mass data loads
- Check all statistics related to memory, locks, I/O, database response time, wait events, top sessions and background processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
- 5+ years working as a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator.
- 3+ years working in a clustered Windows environment.
- 3+ years working in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 3+ years working in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience on Azure cloud databases is highly preferred.