KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within client in general.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate backend services that serve millions of users.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Write code that meets our standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting problems in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED - WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
It’s important you have the following:
- You have 5+ years of experience in designing and building distributed, high-volume distributed backend systems.
- Significant professional experience with one of the following programming languages: Node.js (preferred), Golang (preferred), Java, Python.
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You can quickly scope the size and feasibility of projects of all sizes.
- Effective communication skills. Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
It’s advantageous if you have the following:
- Proficient in both Node.js and Golang
- Comfortable working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Experience in designing and building Order Management Systems.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.