Param is looking for service desk how can join immediate or atleast 15 days in Abu dhabi location.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced Engineer.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Provide 1st Level Support to speed up resolution of requests and complaints
- Liaison with staff, vendors, and suppliers to determine users’ requirements, execute projects, set service standards, and ensure quality performance and users’ satisfaction
- Trouble shouting and fixing of Desktops, Laptops and Printers hardware issue
- Perform inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
- Assist Procurement Officer in developing and managing sourcing strategies for the organization.
- Define purchasing recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Research industry best practices and compare against organization’s practices in order to establish benchmarks for managing IT assets.
- Formulate and implement processes and procedures for tracking and analyzing technical and financial data of company software, hardware, and equipment from requisition through retirement.
Educational and Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline.
- Appropriate technical training
- At least 2 years relevant work experience
- Preferred Arabic Speaking
Nature of Experience:
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.