Senior Product Designer would be an experienced designer and a strategic design contributor. She should have high attention to details and pixel-perfection as s/he would concept, design and ship applications for large customer bases. Senior Product Designer will be working with a diverse team of Product Owners, Engineers and Designers to create, deliver, and test digital banking products.
- Understand customer needs and shape our experiences to meet those needs
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs to produce data-informed solutions.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of the work and full responsibility for every last detail. Own the success or failure of the design work
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes for A/B experiments, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- Systems Thinking' of how to approach design and each of the areas it impacts, both now and in the potential future.
- Be a leader, setting examples for other designers and teaching them
Typical skills and background
- Experience designing at consumer-focused product companies delivering extraordinary user experiences.
- The ability to direct, drive, and evolve the project inside an ever growing and experimenting environment.
- Excellent communication skills together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. Able to break down and simplify complex problems and being confident at presenting to a mixed audience of different levels in the organization
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed interaction and visual design
- A user–focused design mentality. Experienced in acquiring user feedback, whether its, conducting usability studies, performing user research, or designing options for A/B tests
- Experienced working in a dynamic design process where we let quantitative and qualitative customer data guide our designs
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-direct and prioritize
- A curiosity to learn and a willingness to be adapt as new and different challenges constantly emerge
Experience and qualification
7+ years of experience in product/interaction design in a consumer-focused organisation
At a minimum BA in UX-related field or equivalent practical experience
Certification in one of the following:
- Career Foundry UX Design Program
- Springboard UX Career Track
- Design lab UX Academy
- General Assembly UX Design Immersive
- Demonstrate clear excellence in UI, and solid skills and foundation in both UI and UX
- Extensive experience in designing and shipping for mobile apps, responsive web applications and websites
- Operational experience in prioritization and time-management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Solid skills with design and prototyping tools
- Self-driven personality with proactive attitude and ability to maintain a structured working style