Oracle Apex Developer
- Design and develop modern web applications using Oracle APEX which meet the requirements as specified by the business and in accordance with departmental standards and policies.
- Maintain best practice development standards and maximize reusable code
- Assist with deployment and provisioning activities.
- Work closely with other teams and build excellent working relations with internal customers.
- Design and utilize effective testing strategies to ensure that all solutions developed are fit for business use.
- Ensure that development work is fully documented to assist in future maintenance activities.
- Provide accurate estimates for required development work and take personal responsibility for delivering within these time scales.
- Assist business by providing ongoing support which will include being part of a 24/7 on-call rota if required.
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 4-5 years’ experience with software development, specifically around Oracle APEX
Core Competency Requirements
- Ability to design and develop modern, elegant and user friendly web applications using latest version of Oracle APEX
- Experience working with Oracle Database 10g and above
- Very good knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL programming
- Proficient in SQL, query optimization and performance tuning
- Strong understanding of data structures, modeling, entities, theories, principles and practices
- Hands-on experience working with templates and themes
- Ability to build restful web services using ORDS
- Demonstrated ability to create and use plugins and visualizations
- Experience in migrating applications from one instance to another
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Proven communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Preferred Competency Requirements
- Experience working with D3.JS
- Experience using JSON data in Oracle Database
- Experience working on an agile development team