The RPA Developer is part of an agile project team, working on the development, enhancement, and integration of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) applications in the corporate.
- Design and develop Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions that meet the requirements as specified by the business and in accordance with departmental standards and policies.
- Build RPA systems for various business scenarios
- Develop, maintain and enhance the RPA solutions.
- Assist with deployment and provisioning activities.
- Work closely with other teams and build excellent working relations with internal customers.
- Design and utilize effective testing strategies to ensure that all solutions developed are fit for business use.
- Ensure that development work is fully documented to assist in future maintenance activities.
- Provide accurate estimates for required development work and take personal responsibility for delivering within these time scales.
- Assist business by providing ongoing support which will include being part of a 24/7 on-call rota if required.
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 4-5 years experience with software development, specifically around RPA
Core Competency Requirements
- Proficient with developing, deploying, customizing, and integrating Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions
- Strong experience as an RPA Developer using “Automation Anywhere” in large organizations delivering automation projects
- Hands-on development experience with AA Version 11 and AA 2019 or AA360
- Experience installing and configuring Automation Anywhere RPA software
- Knowledge of full development lifecycle of including designing, developing, testing and implementing RPA solutions including hands-on development experience
- Experience collaborating with business teams and subject matter experts in understanding, optimizing and/or automating business processes
- Experience managing source code and backlog as well as documentation
- Experience in implementing attended and unattended bots
- Very good experience building analytical reports using Automation Anywhere
- Experience integrating with AI/ML cloud solutions from AWS/Azure/GCP etc.
- Knowledge of source code management tools and concepts such as Git/TFS
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience working with continuous deployment environments
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Proven communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Preferred Competency Requirements
- Experience working with OCR solutions such as ABBYY
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Cognitive/AI, ML, and data warehousing
- Experience working on an agile development team
Nature of Experience:
Minimum 4-5 years experience in software development specifically in RPA applications
- Experience in application development services across the entire software development lifecycle working in mission-critical environments.
- Experienced in Application Lifecycle Management techniques, practices, and principals
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software and system management tools.
- Good knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Good experience with core software applications,
- Technically fluent in appropriate programming languages
- Some project management skills and/or exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.