Technical Delivery Manager - Cloud Data & Azure Synapse Implementation
Work Location : Dubai
- The program manager holds both a leadership and management role in delivery.
- The Program Manager manages key client programs that include several projects and ensures the successful execution of these projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic
- change management to deliver business value.
- It is expected that the program manager will have the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a program.
- He / She will act as a client representative and must determine and implement the exact needs of the client, based on knowledge of the organization they are representing.
- Being part of the delivery team, the program manager will also contribute to the delivery Governance and SOPs (Standard operating procedures) to be followed when managing projects.
- Lead a team of project managers. Setup team KPIs and deliver as per the SLAs.
- Implement Programs concentrating on the following systems: Cloud Data & Azure Synapse Implemetation
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Facilitate business cases and support in consolidating requirements and form a project requirement matrix to baseline the scope.
- Report to the program sponsors/steering committee members about the project progress, risks and issues that require attention.
- Periodically track and assess the project risks and develop plans to mitigate them.
- Continuously communicate with various project stakeholders to align them towards set project goals.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Implement project communication plan.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Continuously benchmark project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in the PMO.
- Technical knowledge in Cloud Data & Azure Synapse Implementation
- Experience with one or more project management methodologies (mainly PMI PMBOK, PRINCE2 and agile).
- Program management skills and experience, plus significant knowledge of project planning tools
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the projects objectives and ensure its successful execution.
- A distinctive blend of business, IT and communication skills (This is a highly visible position with substantial impact).
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business, and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business.
- 13 or more years of experience in project management in IT and business/industry
- 5 to 8 years of managing projects and taking leadership responsibilities
- 3 years of managing teams
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field
- Certified in Project Management (PMP or Prince)
- Preferred to be a scrum master or carries an agile certificate.