Digital Payments Specialist:
For the newly created Digital e-commerce products in Gateway the digital payments specialist will lead and centralize the company payment strategy. This is part of the overall client Gateway direction to enhance the customer experience and provide signiﬁcant eﬃciency savings for the future.
You are a forward-thinker and perform best under a culture of constant improvement and challenging the status quo. You will lead the design, implementation, and management of the company’s Digital Payment framework.
What you'll be doing:
- Reporting to the project manager, the role will work closely with group teams, including, Finance, IT, Digital transformation, Commercial, Legal and Security to co-ordinate projects and achieve alignment.
- Lead the inception of the new Digital Payments framework at Client Gateway.
- Support the development of a best in class, agile and scalable payments infrastructure for the group with IT and Digital teams. This will include e-commerce payment gateways, omnichannel retail POS solutions and supplier payment gateways (AP, treasury, payroll)
- Manage the implementation of new payment methods with the IT delivery teams, such as Digital Wallets (WeChat, RuPay etc) and ApplePay.
- Be a thought leader on emerging trends and technology in the payments industry to help maintain best practice in the Company.
- Build relationships and negotiate contracts with payment service partners to receive optimum pricing.
- Champion technological developments and new data analysis techniques such as AI.
- Support with the design and implementation of co-branded card schemes across the company
What you'll need to succeed:
- Strong academic achievements with a Bachelor or Masters degree in any ﬁeld.
- Professional qualiﬁcation preferred
- Extensive direct experience in payments (digital, e-commerce, treasury, AP, Payroll)
- Experience in the e-commerce industry
- Experience in the Middle East, primarily in KSA and UAE
- Knowledge with global payment gateways, solutions and acquirers, including SWIFT, API, Visa, MasterCard, Alipay, WeChat Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay.
- Strong technical knowledge and expert in the payments ﬁeld
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and across all levels
- Ability to manage a team and indirect reports
- Pro-active, self-motivated, able to work independently on your own initiative
- Able to inﬂuence and convince people
- High attention to detail and quality