Param is looking for Systems Engineer who can join immediately in Sharjah Location.
- Primary responsibility will be administering the Microsoft Exchange servers including, but not limited to, user creation, updates, upgrades, security patches, connectivity, etc.
- Additional responsibilities will include administering other communication and collaboration platforms like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Webex, etc.
- Will be responsible for administering Active Directory including, but not limited to, deploying/decommissioning domain controllers (DC), ensuring connectivity between all DCs in the parent and child domains, group policies, updating and patching servers, etc.
- Will work closely with the Senior Systems Engineers and provide Administrative support on servers such as DNS, DHCP, SharePoint, File servers, Azure, Office365, Video Conferencing solutions, Backups, etc.
- Will closely coordinate with the PBX system vendor to ensure that telephony services are always online. This includes SIP trunks between various locations.
- Will provide IT user support to the user community as and when required.
- Support Calls will be handled by phone, in person or remotely. All Support calls will have to be logged into the IT ticketing system and closed in a timely manner as per predefined SLAs.
- Will provide Level 2/3 IT support to all users.
- Will be an escalation point for the User support engineers for various issues.
- Will handle the installation and configuration of servers and server applications in conjunction with the Senior Systems Engineers when required.
- Will work closely with vendors to identify and implement/procure relevant technologies required to support of enhance IT services
- Reports to the Manager, IT Infrastructure.
- Administration of Exchange, Active Directory and other servers either on premise or in the cloud.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware, software and connectivity issues on servers, applications and services provided by the IT team.
- Ensure connectivity to Emails, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, etc., from user devices (laptops/smartphones/workstations) is always available.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance from users within the organization in person, via phone or remotely.
- Perform routine hardware and software installations on servers and other key equipment such as Application Delivery Controllers, Network USB devices.
- Identify and escalate situations as required.
- Troubleshoot Email & other communication or connectivity related issues on client devices.
- Provide Level 2/3 IT support for all users.
- Provide Support and assistant to Senior System Engineers and IT Managers when required in setting up or troubleshooting servers and/or server applications.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent discipline.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange & Active Directory. Certification on the platforms will be an added advantage
- Additional Microsoft certifications such as Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office365, etc. will be an advantage.
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Min 6-8 years’ experience in IT User Support
- A driving license is a must.
- Own car will be an advantage