Senior System Administrator responsibilities include supervising our Operations team, monitoring system performance and configuring new software and hardware. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various operating systems.
- Monitoring and alerting.
- User permissions and administration.
- SSO and password management.
- File organization and management.
- System usage policies and procedures.
- Software installation, updates and upkeep.
- Redundancies, rollovers and recovery plans.
- Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. In large companies, this requires understanding a global or multi-office network infrastructure.
- Helps develop, document, communicate, and enforce a network technology policy.
- Is responsible for the installation and configuration of new software and hardware, including the server network, devices and firewalls.
- Is responsible for monitoring system performance, IT system operations and storage utilization.
- Plans ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth.
- Manages user accounts and assets, and assigns and updates security permissions on the network according to policy
- Provides support with escalated help desk requests.
- Leads a team of systems administrators, coordinates with different departments.
- Mentors team members and educates users.